Hello and Welcome

JCole photography is based in Rome, GA and covers the surrounding areas. I am a natural light, lifestyle, on location portrait photographer. This gives me the ability to make your session as easy and stress free as possible with out the confines of a studio. I love meeting new faces and will make our time together as special as possible. So, sit back, look everything over, and give me a call when you’re ready to book your session. Thanks for stopping by and please visit again anytime.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My first ......

Wedding that is! My dearest friend and fabulous photographer April, ask me to help her out with her last wedding. I was so nervous. Even a week before the big day the thought of it made me want to throw up. Weddings are a totally different ball game than portraits. I mean if I mess up your 2 year olds portraits, we can just do them again, but a wedding, I can not say “hey can y’all get married again, I screwed it up”. The wedding was at the Clairmount house in Rome. I have driven by this beautiful house so many times and wonder what it looked like on the inside. It truly is a beautiful place full of history, amazing architecture, and it is a photographer’s nightmare. There was not as much natural light as I had hoped and what little we did have was muted by the tornado’s bouncing around and the hail falling from the sky. This was not a get your feet wet wedding; it was jumping in the deep end kind. Thank goodness for a strong, confidant, relaxed April. She had everything well in hand and knew how to handle every situation. I will say as far as weddings go this one was….different, beautiful, but different. No one seemed very interested in having their pictures made. Once the ceremony started everything seemed very rushed and there was very few of the traditional wedding stuff done. Very few pictures of the new couple celebrating, no cutting of the cake, tossing the bouquet or garter, and no mad dash getaway with bird seed or bubbles. None the less Haven and Hilary got married. I am only sharing a few, because to be honest it was not my best work. All I can say is thank God the happy couple is not depending on me to fill their wedding album.lol














4 comments:

Constance said...

Oh the one of dad kissing the oldest boy is hilarious! That face is priceless!!! I really like these! You did well Jess!

Mandi said...

That little boy looks mischievous. Good work. I think working in pairs is a great way to do weddings. There is something to fall back on in case of an equipment malfunction.

Wanda said...

I think you did great! You got some wonderful shots and I am sure that April is happy with what you did also! Keep up the good work!

joymom said...

These are great Jess! Between what I've seen from your shots and April's so far they should be very happy with the job you both did. (Yes, the little blonde boy does look mischievious and you captured that perfectly.)